About this Course
Becoming a Progression Coach (formerly level 2 Surf Coach) is a fulfilling experience where you’ll give intermediate and advanced surfers the opportunity to further develop their skills both in and out of the water.
You’ll support surfers in their technical, physical and psychological development as they transition to more advanced levels of surfing and for some, a competitive career.
The Progression Coaching Course consists of an online learning component and 20 hours of practical experience with an affiliated
Before coaches can enrol in the Progression Coaching Course, they must have held a Foundation Surf Coach Accreditation for a minimum of 12 months.
To achieve accreditation as a Foundation Coach, you will need to provide the following documents in Surfing Australia’s membership portal:
- Statement of Attainment for completion of the Foundation Coaching Course
- Current Ocean Safety qualification (Surf Rescue Certificate, Bronze Medallion or Ocean Safety Surf Coach Award)
- Current First Aid qualification (HLTAID003)
- Current CPR qualification (HLTAID001)
- Current Working With Children Check
- Completion of the Play by the Rules – Child Protection course
- Current state association membership
How To Enrol
- Login or create an account in Surfing Australia’s membership portal
- Click on Events & Courses
- Click on Training & Courses
- Click on Foundation Surf Coach